Note this social media template RFP is from Hootsuite
[Your company name] [Website] [Address] [Contact person’s email/phone number] [Project Name]
Project introduction[Your company name], a [description of your business], is in need of [description of work/project]. We are accepting proposals in response to this request for proposal (RFP).
Project purpose and description
The purpose of this project is to [explain in detail why your company needs the work done].
This project requires [outline the duties and responsibilities associated with the project]. Our goals are to [i.e. build brand awareness, gain new social media followers, etc. List however many you have]:
- [Goal 1]
- [Goal 2]
- [Goal 3]
In order to be considered for [project name], all bidding agencies must [list the requirements that each responding proposal must address, i.e. budget, timelines, and submission due date]:
- Include a price proposal for the work, which should be no more than [dollar amount]
- Outline a project timeline, including details such as key milestones and deliverables
- Submit the application no later than [proposal due date]
In order to be considered for [project name], all bidding agencies must [list the criteria that must be met in order for a proposal to be considered, i.e. agency experience and history, information on agency size, organizational charts, executive background, etc.]:
- Have training in social media marketing and show certification [Hootsuite’s social marketing education and certificate program, for example]
- Reference and outline relevant work/project experience in social media marketing
- Provide a list of all personnel who will be working on the project—include resumes for each individual
Timelines[Outline here information about the timeline for the RFP process as well as the project itself—known deadlines, milestones, and potential roadblocks.]
Request for proposal timeline
Proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than [date].
Evaluation of proposals will be conducted from [date] until [date]. We will notify bidders during this time if any information or discussions are needed.
The winning proposal will be chosen no later than [date].
Upon notification, the contract negotiation with the winning bidder will begin. Contract negotiations will be completed by [date].
Notifications to bidders who were not selected will be completed by [date].
Project initiation phase must be completed by [date].
Project planning phase must be completed by [date]. Project planning phase will determine the timeline/schedule for the remaining phases of the project.
Proposal evaluation[Your company name] will rate each application based on the following factors [in as much detail as possible, list the criteria that will be measured and describe what is suitable for each criteria]:
- Relevant training/work experience [detail minimum requirement]
- Samples of past work [explain how you would like this delivered]
- Cost vs. value: Bidding agencies will be evaluated on the cost of their proposals based on the outlined scope of work
You might also like a generic RFP template