We live in a connected world and an increasingly mobile workforce requires mobile devices to make their job easier. Mobile Device Management helps users bring their smartphones, tablets and laptops to work and enable them to work seamlessly with the organisation’s IT infrastructure. One of the market leaders in EMM and MDM is Airwatch.
With more than 16500 customers in 150 countries and since their acquistion from VMware has become integrated with various VMware technologies, most notably VMware’s identity and access management and software-defined networking products. AirWatch’s offering has comprehensive Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) functionality and as a result, appears most frequently in Gartner clients’ EMM vendor shortlists. Previously, AirWatch was a closed system with limited support for third-party independent software vendor
* AirWatch has proven large-scale deployments across most vertical markets.
* The administrative console is one of the easiest to use with embedded training videos, links and a wizard-like approach to help new administrators become productive quickly.
* AirWatch continues to push innovation with zero-day support of new operating systems and expansion into management of Internet of Things devices.
* Customers report that the Inbox email application lacks maturity, causing customers to use third-party PIM products.
* On-premises infrastructure components are based on Windows, SQL Server and Linux (not appliance-based), adding administrative overhead compared with other on-premises products.
* Product stability continues to be an issue with AirWatch. Gartner clients have reported several recent issues on both the console side and the agent side.
They think that their differentiation is: Advanced integration and partner ecosystem Common development platform Broadest mobility solution set Multitenant, highly scalable architecture Flexible delivery: cloud and on premise
Note this post is for information only and does not make any recommendation about the type of provider to be used for your organisations needs.
Find out more at: http://www.air-watch.com/